Our bike fit specialist will help you ride faster, longer and in greater comfort. The Body Clinic bike fitting service is suitable to all riders regardless of the make, model or style of bike you ride.
This service will be carried out by Andrew Evans, who has 20 years plus experience in working with professional cycling teams including Sky, JLT-Condor, Aqua Blue and Fagor. It will consist of a full musculo-skeletal assessment first as we are aware that the most important piece of equipment the cyclist has is their body in full working order. We don’t use magic tools or simply input rider measurements to a computer. We know that everyone is different and has different needs. Andrew’s skill, years of experience and multiple fitting methods can spot what a computer often can’t. The result is your bicycle is truly fitted to you, maximizing efficiency and performance while avoiding discomfort or injury.
Why is a bike fit important?
• A bike-fit from The Body Clinic will let you to make the most of your physical strengths and help you work on your weaknesses.
• Identifies and decrease discomfort when cycling such as knee pain, lower back ache, numb feeling in hands, discomfort in shoulders.
• Old injuries picked up doing another activity can affect how you ride, we can identify weaknesses and address any issues.
• The position of your cycling contact points is crucial. Everybody’s feet, hands, leg and arm length, flexibility and even where they sit is different and affects their position. Therefore it is crucial to have your own personal fit.
• A good bike fit will make you more aerodynamic and faster.
Andrew will spend some time talking through your cycling background, how long you have been using the bike, injury history, goals and what you are looking to achieve from the fit. Measurements from your bike ‘pre-fit’ will be noted down including the make, model and size of the frame
We will then summarize what we have done during the fit and why we have done it. If components need to be changed for a different type or size, the bike will be booked into the workshop at the next available space for the work to be carried out. The new measurements for your bike set up will then be noted down and put into a summary report.
Full Bike Fit
IF YOU ALREADY OWN A BICYCLE – NO MATTER THE MAKE, STYLE OR MODEL – AND ARE LOOKING GET THE BEST POSITION, THIS IS FOR YOU.
UP TO 1.5 HOURS
Go faster, in greater comfort. Forget the latest gadgets, shoes and carbon wheels – this is the best money you will spend on cycling.
Cleat, Foot & Pedal Assessment
PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD. A CONDOR CLEAT FITTING IS PERFECT FOR GETTING YOUR NEW CLEATS AND SHOES SET CORRECTLY OR ERADICATE FOOT, KNEE OR ANKLE PAIN.
Cleats are the only fixed interface between bicycle and rider, so getting them into the right position won’t just keep you comfortable and ensure you’re efficient as possible, but will also address foot, ankle and knee pain, foot numbness and pedaling discomfort.